- Useful Downloads from the Course
- Designed as an Add-On to the ISPS Courses
- Cost-Effective Means of Training
- Take the Course at Your Own Pace and Convenience
- Easy Access to the Course via Reliable Internet Connection
- Online Training Aids in Retention of Information
- Course Certificate Available Upon Completion
- Take the Course Online or Offline Using the APP
About the Course
The purpose of this short, fully online Drug Abuse Awareness in the Maritime Sector Course, is to provide those crew, staff, and passengers onboard the vessel with an awareness of the types of illegal drugs and substances (including alcohol) that may be brought onto a vessel illegally, for transportation, distribution of, or use of by those committing the act, or associated with such an act.
Add-On Course to the MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Courses
This course is designed to be taken as an add-on to the fully online, MCA Approved [STCW ISPS] Proficiency in Designated Security Duties [PDSD] & Ship Security Officer [SSO] Maritime Security Courses.
Course Learning Objectives
- To gain an understanding of what drug abuse is, and the associated effects of drug abuse.
- To be provided with an insight to identify if there is a potential drug problem onboard the vessel.
- To gain an understanding of the safety implications involved.
- To gain an understanding of the legal implications involved.
- To gain an understanding of a Drugs Policy.
- To understand how the Learner can assist in the combating of the drugs menace.
- To understand Company Policy.
- To understand how education can assist in the combating of the drugs menace.
- To understand how illegal drugs and substances are covered in Contracts.
- To be made aware of the implementation of drug screening and testing.
Anyone working on, or frequenting a vessel often should possess a good understanding of the risks associated with the use of, illegal transportation of, and effects of illegal drugs and substances which have been brought onto the vessel.
The course duration is approximately 35 minutes.
- Drug Abuse
- The Safety Implications
- The Legal Implications
- The Benefits of a Drug Policy
- Combating the Menace of Drugs
- Legal Considerations
- Methods of Drug Testing
- What to do in an Emergency
VIRSEC Certificate of Course Completion
On successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to download a Certificate of Course Completion. This certificate can be also found under the Certificates tab on the Learner Portal.
- Is this course accredited by an Awarding Body?
Yes, this online course has been Accredited under the CPD Group [https://thecpd.group]. We have done this to ensure that an outside, third-party has evaluated the course for us and found it contains the relevant content and setup.
- Do I receive a certificate from this course?
Yes, upon completion of the course and successfully passing the associated assessment, you will be awarded a CPD Accredited certificate. You will be able to view and download this certificate from your Learner dashboard.
- Does the course certificate have the related CPD points attached?
Yes, each course certificate that is CPD Accredited will include the relevant CPD badge that has the unique course ID number as well as the associated points that are awarded to the course under the CPD Group.
- Can I download a copy of my certificate?
Yes, as mentioned you will be able to view and download a copy of your course certificate if you have successfully completed the course and passed the associated assessment.
- Is there a time limit placed on the Course Access Licence?
Your course access is granted for a maximum period of 6 months (please note this will commence from the date of purchase, not from the first time you access it). You must ensure that you fully complete the course within this time, and we will not accept any responsibility for you not being to access the course once this time has expired. This access licence will expire upon 6 months, or successful completion of the course itself, whichever comes first.
- Do I have to take the Course in one sitting?
No, as with any of our courses, you may enter and exit the course at any time and then re-commence where you left off. However, any assessment you take must be completed in one sitting or the assessment you are taking will reset if you exit before completing it.
- Does the Course include an online assessment?
All our CPD Courses include either multiple Assessments [depending on which course it is], or a single Course Final Assessment that you must achieve a minimum score (detailed on the individual course) to pass it and receive the associated certificate.
- What happens if I fail the Assessment?
If you fail the Course Final Assessment, you may retake it again straight away, or whenever you wish within the 6-month licence applicable to your course [licences commence the day the course is purchased, not the date they are accessed].
- Do I need to submit any documentation?
On some of the courses, you are required to submit an official form of ID such as a scan of your passport, driving licence, or other official photo ID. This is to ensure you are who you state yourself to be, and so we can use this ID to collect the relevant information that will populate your official course certificate. It is very easy to do and will only take you around five (5) minutes to do. Please note that this is not a requirement for some of our courses, and you will be asked to submit your ID to an online form if it is required.
- Do I need an Invigilator when taking my Course Final Assessment?
No, for the CPD Accredited Courses, there is no requirement for you to have an Invigilator present at the time you take the Final Assessment.
- Is this course accredited by an Awarding Body?
VIRSEC are dedicated to delivering only the very highest standard of cost-effective, flexible, online training to our customers.