- Approved by the CPD Accreditation Board
- Fully Online Training Course – No Travel Requirement
- Cost & Time-Efficient Means of Delivery of Training
- Course Certificate Available on Successful Completion
- Flexible Learning at Your Own Pace and Convenience
- Ability to Re-Visit Earlier Subjects on Courses
- Consistent Quality Method for the Delivery of Training
- eLearning leads to Better Retention of Information
About the Course
Early intervention can make a huge difference, and this course helps the learner to understand the different types of problems that exist, what the symptoms may be, and what the best steps are to begin helping the individual onto the road of healing. This level 1 qualification is targeted to people in an organisation who may not have a supervisory position, however they will still have a duty of care both towards themselves and towards their work colleagues. The course outlines how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and how to provide help on a first aid basis. Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions because these can only be performed by professionals, but it will teach people to assist others by listening, reassuring, and responding.
This course is Approved by the CPD Accreditation Group.
Mental health issues are extremely common, and we all need to start talking about it. This course is designed to raise awareness of Mental Health problems; why they occur – and what to do about it. This course is intended for people who work with others in an organisation, and who would benefit from understanding more about spotting the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, and the steps that can be taken to help.
This course aims to provide the learner with the following:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider.
- How to identify problems and risk factors early.
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- Know how to recognise and manage stress.
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
The First Aid for Mental Health Awareness: Level 1 Course has an expected duration of 2 hours. Please note that you can enter and exit this course as often as you require but you must complete each assessment in one sitting as they will reset if you exit during an assessment phase.
Bulk Purchasing of Courses
If you wish to purchase this course in bulk quantity, please contact us before trying to make a purchase as we offer various incentives pending the number of courses you require. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 161 763 4427 to discuss your requirements.
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Responsibilities of First Aiders
- The Impact of Mental Ill Health
- Mental Health Stigma & Statistics
- The Mental Health Continuum
- Mental Health Risk Factors & Early Warning Signs
- Starting a Difficult Conversation
- Non-Judgemental Listening Skills
- When to Contact Emergency Services
- Your Own Health & Emotions
- A Definition of Stress
- What Stress Does to the Body
- Causes of Stress
- Stress: Long Term Effects
- Coping Strategies
- Mental Health Conditions
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Certification
This course is fully approved by the CPD Accreditation Group which is an internationally recognised certification. Learners will receive an electronic copy of the official course certificate in PDF format upon successful completion of the course via the eLearning system.
VIRSEC are dedicated to delivering only the very highest standard of cost-effective, flexible, online training to our customers.