- Approved by the CPD Accreditation Board
- Fully Online Training Course – No Travel Requirement
- Cost & Time-Efficient Means of Delivery of Training
- Course Certificate Available on Successful Completion
- Flexible Learning at Your Own Pace and Convenience
- Ability to Re-Visit Earlier Subjects on Courses
- Consistent Quality Method for the Delivery of Training
- eLearning leads to Better Retention of Information
About the Course
Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health: Level 2 is a 100% online training course designed to raise awareness of mental health issues, help the learner to spot symptoms in themselves or others, and outline what steps are to be taken to help those in need and to improve the working environment. This level 2 course is targeted to supervisors or team leaders in an organisation who have responsibilities and duty of care over the general health and wellbeing of colleagues. The course outlines how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health, how to provide help on a first aid basis, and when to escalate the level of care or even seek professional help. It also covers how to identify drug or alcohol abuse and what to do about it, and how to improve the working environment so that it is a place of inclusion and openness, rather than a source of fear and stress.
This course is Approved by the CPD Accreditation Group.
Course Voiceover Options
This course now has the ability for the Learner to select to activate either an English, Polish or Danish voiceover to assist other nationalities.
Mental health issues are extremely common, and we all need to start talking about it. This course is designed to raise awareness of Mental Health problems; why they occur – and what to do about it. For these reasons, this course is intended for managers, supervisors, team leaders, human resources personnel and anyone else who manages people and has some responsibility over their health and wellbeing, and the inclusivity of the working environment.
This course aims to provide the learner with the following:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider.
- How to identify problems and risk factors early.
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- Know how to recognise and manage stress.
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health.
- Understand the ‘first aid action plan for mental health’ and be able to put it in place.
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
The First Aid for Mental Health Awareness: Level 2 Course has an expected duration of 3 to 3.5 hours
Bulk Purchasing of Courses
If you wish to purchase this course in bulk quantity, please contact us before trying to make a purchase as we offer various incentives pending the number of courses you require. Please email us at: email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 161 763 4427 to discuss your requirements.
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Responsibilities of First Aiders
- The Impact of Mental Ill Health
- Mental Health Stigma & Statistics
- The Mental Health Continuum
- Mental Health Risk Factors & Early Warning Signs
- Starting a Difficult Conversation
- Non-Judgemental Listening Skills
- When to Contact Emergency Services
- Your Own Health & Emotions
- A Definition of Stress
- What Stress Does to the Body
- Causes of Stress
- Stress: Long Term Effects
- Coping Strategies
- Mental Health Conditions
- Substance Misuse
- Drugs & Alcohol: Short-Term Effects
- Drugs & Alcohol: Long-Term Effects
- Treatments for Drugs & Alcohol
- Check for Significant Risk of Harm
- Apply Non-Judgemental Listening
- Reassure & Provide Information
- Encourage Professional Support
- Encourage Self-Help Strategies
- Workplace Mental Health: Factors
- Legislation & Guidance Overview
- Positive Mental Health Culture: Employers & Employees
- Impact of a Positive Culture
- Five Steps to Mental Wellbeing
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Certification
This course is fully approved by the CPD Accreditation Group which is an internationally recognised certification. Learners will receive an electronic copy of the official course certificate in PDF format upon successful completion of the course via the eLearning system.
VIRSEC are dedicated to delivering only the very highest standard of cost-effective, flexible, online training to our customers.