Terms & Conditions of Website Use
Other Applicable Terms
- Our Disclaimer Policy, which refers to information contained within our online courses.
- Terms & Conditions of Sale Policy, which details the terms on which Services are purchased from VIRSEC.
If you book, purchase, and participate in an e-learning course via our site, telephone or email, the following terms and conditions will apply to you.
Information About Us
https://virsec.org is a site operated by VIRSEC Limited (“VIRSEC”, “we” or “us”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10169250 and have our registered office and main trading address is Units 2a(i) & 2a(ii), Beehive Mill, Jersey Street, Manchester, M4 6JG, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 244260821.
Changes to These Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
Changes to Our Website
We may update our site from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Website
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis only. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Learning Management System
The Learning Management System [LMS] is provided and operated by a third party (Absorb) and VIRSEC accept no responsibility for any unexpected interruption to access to the LMS, and downtime (planned / unplanned).
VIRSEC do not accept any responsibility for any issues you may experience with your online learning for courses accessed through the LMS.
Your Account and Password
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee (as the case may be) of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
No Reliance on Information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. In particular, you must exercise your own judgement in deciding whether a course is suitable for your specific requirements. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete, or up-to-date.
Limitation of Our Liability
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue.
- business interruption.
- loss of anticipated savings.
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill, or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of:
- your purchasing and participating in an e-learning course through our site, which will be set out in our terms and conditions.
Uploading Content to Our Website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you licence to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Rights You Licence
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licences:
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to us to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the service provided by our site (including without limitation for use by us to promote our site or the service), and in all and any media.
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to other users of our site and our advertisers, business associates and affiliates to view that content in connection with the service provided by our site.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to Our Website
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
- Third party links and resources in our site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
” VIRSEC “ are trademarks of VIRSEC Limited.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.