- Approved by the CPD Accreditation Group
- Rapid Issue of Course Certificate Upon Successful Completion
- Cost-Effective Means of Training
- Take the Course at Your Own Pace and Convenience
- Easy Access to the Course via Reliable Internet Connection
- Take the Course Online or Offline Using the APP
- Online Training Aids in Retention of Information
About the Course:
The ‘Cyber Security Strategy for Vessels’ course examines the Cyber Security threats that exist, both generally and specifically within the maritime environment. The course examines the weaknesses that there may be in ship IT and OT systems, and how they may be exploited, and then goes on to look at the measures that can be taken to mitigate and defend against these types of threats.
This course sets out practicable best-practice guidance on areas such as:
- Developing a Cyber Security Assessment and Plan.
- Designing mitigation measures that are most appropriate.
- Putting in place the correct structures, roles, responsibilities, and processes.
- The management of security incidents or breaches.
- The highlighting of key national and international standards and regulations that must be reviewed and followed.
This online course is accredited by the CPD Accreditation Group.
This online course has been created to advise senior shipping personnel, responsible for the on-board security of a variety of ships’ systems; and will be of benefit to all those with authority for vessel security and business continuity. The course can be used as an intrinsic part of an organisation’s overall risk management and is intended to be used by those with accountability for protecting the ships (both when underway and when at port), crew, other personnel, cargo, cargo transport units and ship’s stores from the risk of a security-related incident.
This course can be studied by:
- Ships’ senior officers (for example, the Captain, First Officer and Chief Engineer).
- Maritime Insurers.
- Board members of organisations with one or more vessels.
- Personnel with authority for the day-to-day operation of maritime communications systems, operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT).
This course is also suitable for persons involved in:
- Management of specific security tasks, including security breach and response to security incidents.
- Policy creation relating to staff behaviour codes.
- The design, specification, building and maintenance of ships.
- Ship and cargo insurance.
- Third party contractual arrangements.
- The specification, design, development, integration, commissioning, use and maintenance of maritime systems, including related technology and software.
- The financial and operational management of a ship or fleet.
The course duration is approximately 4 to 5 hours, depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed. Please note that you can enter and exit this course as often as you require but you must complete each assessment in one sitting as they will reset if you exit during an assessment phase.
- What is Cyber Security?
- Cyber Security Threats
- Threat Actor Groups
- Ship Assets and Cyber Security
- What is a Cyber Security Assessment (CSA)?
- Developing and Reviewing the CSA
- What is a Cyber Security Plan (CSP)?
- Developing and Reviewing the CSP
- Day-to-Day Management of Cyber Security
- Mitigation Measures
- Handling Security Breaches and Incidents
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Certification
This online course is fully approved by the CPD Accreditation Group which is an internationally recognised certification. Learners will receive an electronic copy of the official course certificate in PDF format upon successful completion of the course via the eLearning system User Portal.
VIRSEC are dedicated to delivering only the very highest standard of cost-effective, flexible, online training to our customers.