- Accredited Under the CPD Accreditation Group
- Written by Subject Matter Experts
- Course Certificate Available Upon Completion
- Online Training Aids in the Retention of Information
- Course Taken at Own Pace & Convenience
- Access to Course for 6 Months or Until Completion
- Full Course Notes Available from the Course
About the Course
The VIRSEC ‘Conflict Zone Threat Assessment for NGOs’ online course is a training module for NGOs operating in Conflict Zones and High-Crime Areas. The course equips the learner with knowledge regarding the most essential points of security awareness and threat assessment, and thereby assists in the making of better-informed decisions about which security strategies and procedures to adopt. After completing this module, learners will be able to:
- Articulate the link between threat assessment and security measures.
- List the three causes of threats.
- List the four general approaches to conducting threat assessments.
- List the five types of information you want to get from a threat assessment.
This course is a training module designed for NGOs operating in Conflict Zones and High-Crime Areas. The course equips the learner with knowledge regarding the most essential points of security awareness and threat assessment.
This course is Accredited under the CPD Accreditation Group
The course lasts for approximately 2 hours depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed. However, you can enter and exit this course as often as you require but you must complete each assessment in one sitting as they will reset if you exit during an assessment phase.
- What is a Threat?
- What is a Threat Assessment?
- About Regular Updating
- Five Types of Information
- The Limits of Threat Assessment
- Four Assessment Techniques (Overview)
- Starting Interviews
- Identifying Patterns
- Gauging the Threat Level
- Looking for Change Indicators
- Assessing the Accuracy of Information
- Information Accuracy Checklist
- The Interview Worksheet
- The Incident Data Collection Worksheet
- The Threat Assessment Summary
- About Conflict Mapping
- The Conflict Mapping Checklist
- Conflict Mapping: Marking a Map
- Four Motivations for Being Targeted
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Certification
This course is fully approved by the CPD Accreditation Group which is an internationally recognised certification. Learners will receive an electronic copy of the official course certificate in PDF format upon successful completion of the course via the eLearning system.
VIRSEC are dedicated to delivering only the very highest standard of cost-effective, flexible, online training to our customers.